Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Musical Chairs - Part 2

Post by Marilee

So as you saw in our previous posts.. we've been busy fabric shopping and chair re-upholstering.  Here's a quick post on a chair re-do I did for my guest bedroom.


Here's what we started with.  Nothing note-worthy.  So, I wanted to update it with something bright and cheery!

You like?
I started with ironing my fabric..


And then recovering..


We were working with layers and layers of fabric re-dos.  We left it.  More cushioning, right?


And here's the after.  Fun, right?  We talked about painting the chair.  But I ultimately decided to hold-off and think on it.  It's an antique.  And I have an entire set loosely spread through different rooms of the house.  The fabric was an easy enough change, but painting is too permanent so I decided against it.


And here it is in the room.  I think it breaks up all the beige nicely.  I also had a little fabric left over so I draped it over that small pillow on the bed for fun.

What do you guys think?  I'm thinking I need some pillows...   hmmm..

Marilee

No comments:

Post a Comment