Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Guest Bathroom Makeover thoughts

Post by Marilee


Posted by PicasaThis is the guest bathroom as it looks like right now. 




It's pretty difficult to capture such a small space in a photograph - so here's a quick drawing to help to visualize. 




Some of the things I like in this room are the mirror and the light fixture.  The vanity and sink were replaced a few years back and they are not going to change.  What I have being tossing around are these few ideas:


These shower curtains are at Garnet Hill for $38.00.  I really like the orange one and think that it could be jumping off point.
My current shower curtain is just a plain white checkerboard style.

From there, a new orange rug that would really brighten up this dark room.  Mind you, I don't want to paint at this point, so these will be cosmetic changes, quick, fast and fun!!!  Plus, the blue in the below rug would tie back into the wall color.

What fun colors...this is offered on Amazon and is called the "Hanna Orange" bath rug for $26.81.  The color that you could use for towels could now go many directions such as:  brown, red, turquoise, yellow, lime green or white. 

White would be boring and I don't think that turquoise would go with Home Depot "denim Blue" walls...trust me the walls do not look anything like denim. 
The walls are painted in typical bathroom "high gloss" which I don't like and will change to a "satin" or "flat" once I change the color. 
Anyway, back to the color of towels, I think yellow would work.  Since I am a "grandmother" I tend to be safe with color at least that is the excuse that I will use...I could jump off the cliff and go lime green, for this exercise, let's try yellow and pick this one:


This is a Kate Spade Larabee Dot towel for $16.99.  I also looked at Overstock, JC Penny's, Macy's, Amazon, and Walmart.  I think this one - at Bed Bath and Beyond would be my favorite.



These 2 matching prints are staying in the bathroom.  I could change the color of the frame and/or add a mat to these.  If I did that, I would be losing the name of the artist, but as these are just prints...that does not bother me.  What do you think?  How would you change these?  Any other thoughts about changes?  What would you add as decorations on this shelf which could also be painted.


This is currently a bronze color and booorrrrringg!  Thoughts please!!!

Marilee

No comments:

Post a Comment