Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Bacon Recipe

Post by Sarah...


Wha?  A recipe post from Sarah..?

I know.  I'm crazy.






This is some sort of bacon hook do-dad.  I can't say that I'd ever use it for it's intended purpose, but as soon as I saw it I had immediate plans. It did not start off this color - and I don't have the pre-spray paint photo.

I know!  I'm already breaking blogging rule numero uno!


So I have this awkward bathroom right in the middle of my bedroom.  With this blank wall that begged to have a bacon hook hung from it.  



So, I gathered my tools...
The hammer is actually Cody's, it was given to him as a gag-gift - but I use the thing all the time!  It's just too handy.  :)





And I hung the bacon hook:
Shazaam!  Mad Skillz.

I've actually seen several pictures (probably pinterest, but I have nothing pinned to pull from) where people have taken these and hung jewelry from them.  I'm sure possibilities are endless with this thing, but jewelry was all to perfect for me.

Side note: I'm not a jewelry wear-er.  And prior to this all my jewelry was tucked away in a box up in the closet and rarely saw the light of day.  Now that I do have this I'm happy to say that my jewelry is getting a lot more use.


Cute, right?


I like that it adds something sparkly and happy to an otherwise awkward sink area.  


 Plus, I have awesome things like necklaces of me and Cody.  Two, actually. 

So, there you have it!  Zero-cost, high-happy-inducing decorations. 


<3
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment